Optimising your superannuation
Strategies for growing your superannuation
While for many people retirement brings the unease of ending something familiar, at Markiewicz & Co. we work with our clients to ensure that this life stage brings them the excitement and anticipation of starting something new. To achieve this, we work diligently to help them make the right investment decisions at the right time, and ensure they accumulate the savings they need to live well in retirement.
Our retirement planning advice covers three periods: saving for retirement, the transition to retirement, and living in retirement.
Leveraging the savings power of superannuation
Superannuation is one of the largest investments most people make in their lifetime. However, the way you live in retirement is not just dependent on how much you contribute to your superannuation fund, but also on how, and with whom, your funds have been invested and managed.
Superannuation is also a very attractive savings vehicle due to the favourable taxation treatments that apply not only while you are working, but also in retirement. Understanding the tax-effectiveness of different superannuation investments can help you significantly boost your retirement income without increasing the amount you contribute. Similarly, taxation concessions achieved through salary sacrifice, or other additional contributions made during your working years, can provide a substantial boost to your ultimate superannuation holdings.
The benefit of professional advice
Markiewicz & Co.’s retirement planning advisors have a comprehensive understanding of the superannuation environment and its often-changing regulations and rules. Our sole aim is to assist our clients to optimise the growth of their superannuation savings and to maximise any taxation concessions or benefits. Our service includes:
- A comprehensive review of your current superannuation arrangements, taking into account your (and your spouse’s) current financial situation and life stage, as well as your retirement objectives.
- Identifying underperforming investments and advising on appropriate strategies such as consolidation of superannuation held in different accounts.
- Recommending superannuation funds or pension plans with investment strategies that are aligned to your needs and goals.
- Providing advice on whether a self-managed superannuation fund would provide you with a more effective vehicle for your retirement savings.
- Developing a tailored investment strategy to grow additional wealth independent of your superannuation savings.
Start making your superannuation work harder
Your Markiewicz & Co. advisor has the knowledge and experience to help you optimise your superannuation and retirement savings. To find out more, please call us on 1300 276 112 or send an email.